- Study the green before your approach shot – avoid putting downhill – ideally land your shot to allow an uphill or straight putt.
- The putting speed of the ball should be strong enough go at most one club beyond the hole – if you miss.
- Your putting grip and stance should ensure the clubface is presented flat to the ball.
- Use a short putting stroke with even distance before and after contact.
- In your address position, the angle between you upper arm and elbow should be less than 135 degrees (see Figure above)